Corporate Finance and Securities
Our corporate finance and securities lawyers have extensive experience providing advice to all types of market participants, including major international and domestic mining companies, pension funds, investments funds, pharmaceutical companies, portfolio managers and advisors, issuers (both foreign and domestic), and venture capitalists. We provide comprehensive legal advice on all aspects of securities law, including mergers and acquisitions, private placements, and corporate reorganizations.
Our goal is to help our clients meet their strategic objectives efficiently and effectively, whether we are advising on transaction structure, negotiating major transaction agreements, working with management on business and strategic issues in the deal, advising on and filing domestic and international competition/antitrust notifications and other regulatory filings, or participating in pre-bid planning, including tax planning and post-acquisition planning and integration.
Our services include:
- assisting clients with compliance issues, including disclosure obligations, MD&A, executive compensation disclosure, SEDAR filings, stock exchange requirements, and other securities regulatory matters
- representing clients in their dealings with securities commissions and securities exchanges
- providing guidance to directors and officers of public companies on corporate governance matters, including advice relating to directors' and officers' duties and liabilities, audit committee duties and liabilities, conflicts of interest
Mergers and Acquisitions
- advising on a wide array of other corporate reorganizations, restructuring, and divestiture transactions
- advising on negotiated and unsolicited takeover bids, plans of arrangement, amalgamations, proxy contests, going-private transactions, pre-bid securities law issues, acquisition structures and defensive tactics in connection with acquisitions of public companies
- conducting comprehensive due diligence of target companies
drafting and negotiating all transaction documents, including lock-up agreements, takeover bid circulars, and plans of arrangement
- advising on IPOs, private placements, bought deals and special warrant financing
- representing market participants in a wide variety of securities litigation and regulatory enforcement matters
Related Practice Areas