We represent Canadian and foreign companies working in every facet of the automotive sector, from automobile and truck manufacturers, parts manufacturers and distributors, to industry suppliers, logistic firms and lenders.
Our experience in this sector includes:
- advising on the establishment of manufacturing and distribution operations
- acting for purchasers and targets in mergers and acquisitions transactions
- advising on regulatory compliance in the manufacturing process
- assisting in the equipping of factories, importing, exporting and in all aspects of day-to-day operations
- advising on all types of contracts, including drafting distribution agreements, supply and manufacturing agreements and outsourcing arrangements
- providing labour relations, employment, human rights and workers' compensation advice to manufacturers and distributors
- training and supervising management on employee relations in both union and union-free environments
- appearing before arbitration and labour relations boards, as well as other administrative tribunals resolving employer-employee disputes
- assisting manufacturers and distributors in their response to product liability claims
- representing manufacturers and distributors in commercial and product liability litigation matters (including class actions).
Related Practice Areas