Our international presence means that we are often called upon to assist clients moving from one country to another. Whether it be private investors seeking to resettle, business executives being re-assigned, temporary personnel required for a limited-time assignment or retired individuals settling down in a new country, our immigration professionals keep abreast of constant changes to immigration laws and can assist with formalities relating to immigration visas, work permits, and the like. We fully evaluate each client’s situation to determine the most suitable course of action, including the most appropriate immigration category and the most expedient visa office.
Our immigration services include assisting clients in obtaining:
- intra-company transfer work permits
- positive labour market opinions from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada/Service Canada
- single and multiple entry visitor visas, including business visitor visas
- spousal work permits and study permits for accompanying family members
- work permits under various other categories, including pursuant to international agreements (e.g. NAFTA) and the “Significant Benefit to Canada” legislative provisions;
We can also assist with permanent residence applications under the various federal or provincial business immigration categories or the skilled worker, Canadian Experience, or family sponsorship classes.
The analysis of the tax and estate planning ramifications of moving from one country to another and the development of plans in order to optimize the tax benefits and avoid the tax pitfalls or the unintended consequences of foreign laws are an integral part of the service offered by our firm.